[HM] Re: Extension cable for iMac G4 speakers

Nevin Steindam thenevin at ameritech.net
Tue Feb 18 05:01:40 PST 2003

>Arent the speaker connections on the iMac just USB? If they are then no
>you cant extend them from room to room. USB has a reasonably short
>distance limit. It's meant to be on the desktop.

You can buy "active" USB extension cables, which can go beyond the normal
allowed length  (6 feet, I think) because they are powered and enhance the
signal.  They're pretty expensive, though.  It's been a while since I've
seen one, but I think you can find them for about $20 or $25 for each 6
feet of extension.  (I'm pretty sure I have a catalog lying around
somewhere, so ask me if you're interested.)

Nevin