[HM] MP3

TeeGate teegate at comcast.net
Sun Feb 23 06:35:23 PST 2003

George,

There is a possibility there is another way and a better way, but here
is what I do. Download Hexedit.

http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=10658&db=mac

Make a backup copy of the MP3 and then drag the MP3 onto the Hexedit
Application, and when it opens scroll to the bottom. Now you will have
to play around with this, but highlight a portion of the bottom
characters and then hit the Delete key. Save the file and play the MP3.
See how much of the last two second are still there. Keep doing this
until you are satisfied with the results. If you go too far and delete
more than you want, just trash the MP3 and make another copy from the
original. Eventually with a little playing around you will have the
file the way you want it. An MP3 file has quite a bit of info in it, so
you may have delete more than you think to remove the last two seconds
of the file.

My dad listened to Artie Shaw when he was around, so enjoy the song as
he certainly did.

Guy