[HM] Re: deleting files

T. Brown / groucho btgroucho at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 26 15:37:10 PST 2003

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 03:09  PM, Richard Clark wrote:

> Almost forgot i'm still waiting on the beach ball hasn't really done
> anything yet just 100 percent cpu usage and very little disk activity
> the finder always does this to me when i do things with big files
> guess i'll just wait it out..... I figure it must be doing something
> to be using 100 percent of cpu right??????? wow finally a window came
> up preparing to move to trash but it's beachballing too:)))))

Try quitting all applications.

If it beach balls too long ( hour ) force quit the finder and restart.
Choose a smaller amount of files to delete, and take it in a few
chunks. Make sure to empty the trash 1st.

Do you have partitions ?
How much ram and disk space do you have left ?
Do you have an external drive ?

groucho