[HM] Sending jpegs

Tom Burton tomb at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 26 18:03:34 PST 2003

Can you compress them? On a Mac, use StuffIt. On a PC, use WinZip.
(or similar programs.)  Compressed files usually get to their
recipient ok regardless of what your email program tries to do or
their's tries to do (obviously, they need the appropriate
de-compression sw).

Tom

>I bought PhotoShop Elements 2.0 to use with the pictures I take with my
>digital camera. I have reduced the images to manageable sizes (100
>resolution, 3x5 size) and saved as Jpeg's.
>
>However, when I email them (unfortunately, I am using Outlook Express with
>msn.com) and people are having problems opening them. Friends on AOL receive
>them as MIMES. I notice that when I go send the email with an attachment, I
>see a box that says Encoding document.
>
>1. Does anyone know what Outlook express encodes the JPEGS as?
>
>2. Anyone have a clue why my images can't be opened? (One person said she
>did open them, but they were too pixilated. What???)
>
>jane

>To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
><HomeMac-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>Need help from a real person? Try.
><HomeMac-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

>Now shipping! Farallon Wireless SkyLINE PCI Card for Mac Desktops!
>http://www.farallon.com/le/skyline/pci/index.html
>
>$14.99 Unlimited Nationwide Mac Dialup and Mac Web Hosting from your Mac ISP
>Serious Mac Internet Solutions From NineWire!   http://macinternetaccess.com
>
>Monsoon  | Flat panel speakers that deliver crisp, accurate sound!
>Dr. Bott |   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/speakers.html>

For Technical Writing, Marketing Writing, and FileMaker Pro database
development, call Tom Burton at 818-785-3044   or visit
http://home.earthlink.net/~tomb