[HM] Zip, .sit, Stuffit = confusion!

Jane Sprando janesprando at msn.com
Fri Feb 28 23:06:02 PST 2003

Most of my friends are PC users, and half are on AOL. It doesn't matter what
kind of digital camera you have. What is important is how you SAVE the
files. Jpgs seem to be the most common to read, so I always save mine in
that format.

Don't stuff your files, such as using .sit. if I am going to stuff, I use
the .sea ----- self expanding. However, I learned here last week to ZIP the
file, not stuff it.  Aladdin's free Stufit comes with a Free zip utility,
DropZIp. That has seemed to solve my problems in sending pictures, both on
AOL and for other PC ISPs.

jane