[HM] Loading Softward on a New PowerBook

Duane Murphy duanemurphy at mac.com
Fri Jan 17 15:07:01 PST 2003

--- At Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:24:39 -0600, Sue Rodriguez wrote:

>Good afternoon, everyone,
>
>My husband just got a new PowerBook which is running OS X but also has OS 9
>Classic.  We have Microsoft Office for 2001 for OS 9.2.2.  And we have a
>copy of Appleworks 6.  Does anyone have suggestions about the most efficient
>way to load these?

How do you mean efficient? If you have the CD-ROMs for them, just pop in
the CDROM and run the installer. It should just work. It will startup
classic and install from Classic.

The alternate way to install them if it makes you nervous to do that, is
to reboot by selecting the 9.2.2 system in OS X in the Startup Disk
Preference Pane. Then install, then switch back.

I think it will just work right even on OS X.

 ...Duane