[HM] Re: Printer advice

Renita Williams rmmwms at att.net.
Thu Jan 23 20:54:40 PST 2003

Sorry Duane,

I should have told you exaclty what the problems were.  But, before I
do, I will say that when the heads were clean, the print quality on the
Epson was incredible.

However,

1. At the time I owned the Espon, the printer heads were part of the
machine.  They frequently clogged and needed cleaning.  The cleaning
process was slow, noisy, and used a great deal of ink.  It often took
multiple cleanings to restore the print.  Therefore, I was constantly
replacing the print cartridges.

2. It had the annoying habit of adjusting the print quality every time
you turned the printer on--this was a noisy, slowwww process.

3. When, I finally got fed up cleaning the printer heads--the time
between needed cleanings got shorter and shorter--I sent it back to the
company.  Luckily it was still under warranty.  Unfortunately, 3 months
later I had to send it back again.  This time it wasn't under warranty.
  They didn't fix the problem, so I sent it back again.  Still no fix.

Anyway, I gave up and bought a new HP.  At least with HP (the models
I've used) the printer head is attached to the cartridge, so you get a
new one everytime you load a cartridge--less clogging, less cartridges
to buy.

Good luck with your decision.

Renita