[HM] Re: Printer advice

Duane Murphy duanemurphy at mac.com
Thu Jan 23 21:51:56 PST 2003

--- At Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:00:39 -0800, Jane Sprando wrote:

>My Epson Stylus Color 800 does this all the time. So it is not normal?????

Nope, it's normal. I have an 850 which is basically the same printer. The
secret to avoiding this all the time problem is to simply leave the
printer on. I never turn mine off (it's on a network). Then it only does
the cleaning when it needs to. I think if it's off, it doesnt really know
how long it's been off and decides to prime the heads.

>> 2. It had the annoying habit of adjusting the print quality every time
>> you turned the printer on--this was a noisy, slowwww process.

 ...Duane