PrinterFeatures

Pyx Findlekind pyx_findlekind at telus.net
Sun Jan 26 10:46:27 PST 2003

>Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 20:12:26 -0800
>From: David Crandon <tdc at attbi.com>
>Subject: [HM] Re: Printerfeatures
>
>This is true, but I only notice this with cheaper paper.
>
>Most of the time I use draft quality for text. It still looks awesome.
>Nobody would really consider it draft. When using draft for pics, the
>quality suffers a lot, but most of the time it doesn't matter to me.
>While text doesn't show thru at all with the paper I use, you can see
>the ghost of pics though.
>
>I don't use any particular brand, but I do use only 24# paper, instead
>of the usual 20# paper. I also use only 90-92 brightness, nothing less.
>I can still get it for less than $5 per 500 sheets.

Yes, 24-lb, 92-bright (OfficeDepot brand). For "in-house" use it may
be acceptable, but for presentation quality i'm afraid we're stuck
with printing on one side only. Again, it's not a feature i find all
that useful and with paper being so readily and cheaply available (Is
that US$5?) i tend to print with great abandon.

Does anyone have experience with specialty art papers for printing
two sides, or for any other print applications?

Now that inkjet printers are being used for printing complex
electronic circuits and even printing out body parts (where do they
get this primordial soup ink anyway?), i am curious to know; what is
the strangest substance you have ever printed on or with?

PYX