[HM] Keyspan serial adapt./ Personal LP

Duane Murphy duanemurphy at mac.com
Wed Jul 9 09:13:49 PDT 2003

--- At Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:45:11 -0700, Howard Scudder wrote:

>Running OS X 10.2.6 and have a Keyspan twin USB to
>serial adapter.  I have my trusty old Apple Personal
>LP plugged in.  Downloaded the Keyspan X driver
>however when I go to print center it says I need to
>turn on Appletalk by checking the box.  It takes me to
>Network prefs. but there in no "make Appletalk active"
>box to check.
>
>What do I do?
>
>Add Printer is of no help either!

Umm, I think you are not going to have much luck. I'm not authoritative,
but I do recall reading that serial printers are basically not supported
by OS X.

Additionally, if this is not an serial printer but rather an AppleTalk
printer running over serial (ie LocalTalk), then you are equally in
trouble. OS X doesnot support LocalTalk.

I understand that there are LocalTalk/EtherTalk bridges available. I dont
recall who makes them unfortunately.

 ...Duane