[HM] decision time for portable mac

Ron Reames rreames at cableone.net
Tue Jun 3 08:22:59 PDT 2003

You can buy a 14" iBook with a SuperDrive.
The only reason you would need the SuperDrive is if you plan on burning
dvd's.
I you decide NOT to buy the more expensive iBook you can add burning
capability later. I have an iBook and a desktop G3 and use Lacie's
cd-rw/dvd-rw which I bought for $349 and comes with dvd authoring
software.

On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 10:06  AM, Denise wrote:

> My question is regarding the Combo/Superdrive.  I don't think the
> iBook is
> available with the superdrive, correct?  But would I need that
> capability
> anyway?  I will be getting a digital camera at the same time as the
> computer, and will want to burn photos to CD.

Ron