[HM] decision time for portable mac

Louis Katz louiskatz at badkatz.com
Tue Jun 3 08:47:30 PDT 2003

Hi Denise,

If you're planning on importing video from your camera into the computer,
then making movies in iMovie or Final Cut, I'd definitely go for the
Superdrive. I've got the 12" Powerbook with Superdrive and love it! Besides
that DVD burner, I'm also making good use of its bluetooth capabilities to
sync with my phone.

The Powerbooks also give you Airport Extreme compatibility, which is useful
if you're going to wirelessly transfer files between two or more Macs with
Airport Extreme (for web surfing only, you wouldnt gain any advantage with
Airport Extreme vs. standard Airport).

Oh, and they're also quicker than the iBooks (but you knew that)!

Louis

--
Bad Katz
Technology Solutions