[HM] Re: decision time for portable mac

Denise rtc at amerytel.net
Wed Jun 4 05:50:03 PDT 2003

Thanks to all for their input on this.  I am only able to buy a new computer
about every 3 years, so I try to get it right. ;-)

Is it possible to buy a Superdrive at a later time, and install it in place
of the Combo?

I do have a certain dollar figure I am trying to stay near, and I think I
would prefer the larger display on the iBookw/combo drive as opposed to the
smaller display/Superdrive of the PB for about the same $.  I know the PB is
faster, etc. but even my old blue iBook seems to be adequate for me most of
the time.  It is just getting older, and has a horribly small capacity,
which is reaching its limit.

How to buy:  I am about 2 hours away from the Apple Store in Bloomington,
MN.  Is it better to go there and get my new computer, or just as good to
order through the online Apple Store.  Any perks to picking it up at the
store?  (I don't "do" metro driving, or I would drive myself there now, and
ask all these questions.)

Denise