[HM] Re: Copying OS 9 updates to a CD

Florin Alexander Neumann alexn at ica.net
Wed Jun 25 06:08:23 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003, at 23:28 Canada/Eastern, Kurt Appling wrote:

> re; my opinion, I think its a crap shoot

Huh?!

> there are so many copy-rights protection schemes going

(1) Copy protection schemes don't apply to files copied from a Zip disk.

(2) They do apply when attempting to duplicate copy-protected audio or
data CDs -- which is not applicable here. Moreover, the number of
copy-protected CDs is relatively small. I have an extensive audio CD
collection, but none is copy-protected; and of the data CDs, only the
Final Cut 3 install CD is copy-protected. (Note that in the current
version of Apple's Disk Copy, audio CD duplication is intentionally
disabled -- more than likely, pressure from the music industry.)

> I never seem to know if something I've copied is complete,or just an
> empty folder containing zero data

You're doing something wrong. My strong advice: RTFM.