[HM] From 9.2.2 to OS X

Nevin Steindam thenevin at ameritech.net
Mon Mar 3 14:12:22 PST 2003

>How do I import/export my 'favorites' from Explorer to Explorer?

I hope no one minds if I digress from the discussion about the weather long
enough to answer this question.

Your Explorer preferences include a "Favorites.html" file which stores all
of your favorites.  (They are encoded in a nice little html format, by the
way.  So you can always just open up that file and look at it if you need
to.  But you'll probably still want to turn it into your default Explorer
favorites file, so you can get to it through the menu bar.)

In Classic systems, you can find this file in System
Folder/Preferences/Explorer/Favorites.html.  In X, look under
~Library/Preferences/Explorer/Favorites.html (note that this is starting
from your home directory, not from the root of the drive).

I don't use Outlook, so someone else will have to answer that one for you.

Nevin