zip/stuffit confusion

NeptuneMidheaven at aol.com NeptuneMidheaven at aol.com
Mon Mar 3 20:18:44 PST 2003

From: Tom Burton <tomb at earthlink.net>
Subject: [HM] Re: Zip, .sit, Stuffit = confusion!

Val -

Let's back up a step or two...

What camera do you have that "only works with the Mac"?

Tom,
It's called "Ixla photo easy dual cam edition for MACINTOSH".  Not a fancy
one; just good enough for Ebay and such.
If I recall correctly there was another version strictly for the PC (red box)
- this is the 'green box' - for MAC.

<<
What file format do you have the camera set for (i.e., in what format
are the picture files saved in the camera and/or made available to
the computer?  >>

They're saved in jpegs.  I can use either my Adobe photoshop program or the
program that comes with the camera.  Both work fine.

<<  What method do you use for getting the picture files from the camera
to your Mac? (Cable connection, transfer software or ???)  >>

USB connection from the camera right into the MAC.

On my MAC everything that is not just 'one'  turns into .sit files because of
what is already on the computer.  The computer was inherited from my  fiancee
who passed away a while back.  He was the original owner &operator and so I
am at a bit of a disadvantage in figuring things out.

<<
With the answers to these, hopefully we can help resolve your problem.

Tom Burton  >>

Thanks Tom (and Jane &whoever also tried to help).
Val