[HM] CarbonLib error message

Duane Murphy duanemurphy at mac.com
Wed Mar 5 13:28:34 PST 2003

--- At Wed, 5 Mar 2003 12:14:23 -0800, Jack Honeycutt wrote:

>I fired up my upgraded Peformora 575 and launched Eudora.  It has been
>running great for me.
>
>When Eudora launched, it gave me a error message that said it could not
>launch Eudora because CarbonLib was missing.
>
>I ran Tech Tools Pro and it found some problems, fixed them, but I get the
>same error message.
>
>Is this error message coming from Eudora?  If I re install Eudora, will I
>loose all my past email or will it over write it?

You do not need to reinstall Eudora. CarbobLib is an library file in the
system folder that is needed by newer versoins of software. Simply search
your drive for Carbonlib and see if it has been inadvertantly moved to a
different folder. If you find it, drop it on the System folder and it
will ask you if you want it put into the correct folder.

If you dont find CarbonLib then you can visit the Apple web site and find
a copy of it in there software downloads area. You might even be able to
use Software Update and see if it will download a copy for you.

What version of Mac OS are you using?

>Thanks for the help.

Certainly,

 ...Duane