CarbonLib error message

Jack Honeycutt jhoneycutt at qwest.net
Wed Mar 5 14:03:00 PST 2003

At 01:28 PM 3/5/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>You do not need to reinstall Eudora. CarbobLib is an library file in the
>system folder that is needed by newer versoins of software. Simply search
>your drive for Carbonlib and see if it has been inadvertantly moved to a
>different folder. If you find it, drop it on the System folder and it
>will ask you if you want it put into the correct folder.

Searched, and it is missing.  I am running 8.1.  I have a 8.0 CD. Will this
8.0 version (if I can find the file) fix it for me?

I went to Apple's site and found about 10 down loads for 8.1 and I hate to
do them all.  I down loaded the "8.1 tools" disk and booted to it,  and had
it check my HD.  It said everything was fine.

Any other options than just start down loading all the 8.1 files from Apple?

I found a new version for something like 9.1, but that would probably break
my machine?

Thanks for the tips.  I am getting a better idea of what to do know and
what is wrong.

jack in Portland