New CarbonLib error message!!

Jack Honeycutt jhoneycutt at qwest.net
Wed Mar 5 20:12:05 PST 2003

At 06:12 PM 3/5/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>My mistake, I think. I had thought that CarbonLib version 1.3.1 would work
>for you. Seems like it won't.
>
>There is an earlier version (1.0.4) here:
>http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=88016
>According to the info on this page, it will work with OS 8.1.
>
>What version of Eudora are you using with this?

Eudora 5.1

I down loaded and installed the above.  The install went error free.  I
rebooted and launched Eudora.  I got a new CarbonLib error message now.  It
says:

The App Eudora could not be opened because "CarbonLib-CFURL Create Copy
appending Pat h Component" could not be found"

This is so odd.  This box has been running flawlessly with the same copy of
Eudora for a long time.  All I did was turn it on, and got this CarbonLib
error message.  I can surf OK (ICab) and all other apps seem to run fine.

Think I should install Eudora again?  I am not sure what to do now....

Thanks again to all for the help and info.

BTW, this is a Performa 575 with a Sonnet 100Mhz 256K add on card in it,
running 8.1.  Been running like a clock for about a year.

I did not add or remove software or make any changes before I got the error
message.  All I did was just poll for my email.

Strange....

Jack in Portland Oregon