[HM] New CarbonLib error message!!

Humbug h.lendon at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 6 07:18:54 PST 2003

At 8:12 PM -0800 3/5/03, Jack Honeycutt wrote:

>>There is an earlier version (1.0.4) here:
>>http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=88016
>>According to the info on this page, it will work with OS 8.1.
>>
>>What version of Eudora are you using with this?
>
>Eudora 5.1
>
>I down loaded and installed the above.  The install went error free.  I rebooted and launched Eudora.  I got a new CarbonLib error message now.  It says:
>
>The App Eudora could not be opened because "CarbonLib-CFURL Create Copy appending Pat h Component" could not be found"

Yes, well, that error message baffles me.

>This is so odd.  This box has been running flawlessly with the same copy of Eudora for a long time.  All I did was turn it on, and got this CarbonLib error message.

Yes, does seem odd. I propose a different tack to investigate this problem. Do a search for "CarbonLib" on your HD. Results? I am most interested to know if there is a "CarbonLib" in your Disabled Extensions folder in your System Folder. If there is, it is probably the one you need to be using.

Humbug