[HM] Re: New CarbonLib error message!!

Duane Murphy duanemurphy at mac.com
Thu Mar 6 16:47:23 PST 2003

--- At Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:48:42 -0500, Humbug wrote:

>At 1:29 PM -0800 3/6/03, Jack Honeycutt wrote:
>Hmm. Eudora 5.1 is a carbonized app, so using it will always call for a
>version of CarbonLib. There are earlier, non-carbonized versions of
>Eudora available at the Qualcomm site if you are interested. Prolly early
>versions would be more appropriate for "legacy" Macs such as yours.

Eudora is obviously a Carbonized application. (This means it cannot run
on 68K Machine by the way.) If CarbonLib has never been on your 575 then
it has never run _this_ version of Eudora, maybe some older version, but
clearly not this version.

As an aside, you do need to reboot after changing CarbonLib.

My conclusion at this point is that Eudora is not compatible with
CarbonLib 1.0.4. You will need to downgrade Eudora or upgrade the OS.

 ...Duane