New Mac's able to boot in OS 9?

Ralph Tym ralphtym at ameritech.net
Tue Mar 18 04:44:13 PST 2003

Hi all,

Here's the quandary I'm in.  I want/need to purchase a new Mac, be it iMac,
eMac or tower, but it MUST be able to boot up in OS 9, first and foremost,
and OS X as well.  Are any of the new Mac's capable of doing this anymore?
I'm given to believe that all of them cannot do so simply because the
Hardware is designed for OS X only and will no longer function in OS 9,
regardless of the software.  True or not?

I KNOW all are capable of running old software using OS 9 classic.  This
isn't what I mean nor want as an alternative.  Go figure.  Thanks for any
help in this area.

Ralph