[HM] need imac advice ASAP!

Tom Burton tomb at earthlink.net
Thu May 1 19:26:59 PDT 2003

As others have said, there are programs that have to boot into OS 9
to run. (They won't even run in "Classic Mode"). If you have any of
those, you really need one of the "older" models. If you're not sure
about any of the programs you use, check with the manufacturer to see
if it will run in Classic Mode or if the computer actually has to
boot in OS 9.

For example, we've got things geared to the OS 9 version of FAXstf.
The OS X version is unacceptable for several reasons, and the OS 9
version requires that the machine be booted in OS 9.

Tom Burton

--
For Technical Writing, Marketing Writing, and FileMaker Pro database
development, call Tom Burton at 818-785-3044   or visit