[HM] Re: need imac advice ASAP!

cheshirekat cheshirekat at cheshirekat.com
Sat May 3 12:47:55 PDT 2003

On Thu, May 1, 2003, David Crandon tdc at attbi.com, invoked powers within
the internet realm, to proclaim ...

>There are actually several reasons...all related to saving money. Buying
>a Mac that still boots into OS9 enables you to run Virtual PC and
>several brands of disk utilities. Otherwise you'd have to spend hundreds
>of dollars on new software.

I just bought my PowerBook in February. One of the main reasons for
buying when I did is the investment of older software I have. While I
would like to upgrade everything at the same time of a new computer and
OS purchase, it just isn't financially possible to do so.

While some software will run from Classic, they still require booting
into OS 9 to install. It's been a few months since my purchase, and
fortunately, the majority of my applications have been installed or
upgraded. But I still have a bunch of games (too large an investment,
IMHO to just throw away) that I haven't had time to install that require
me to boot into 9 to install them. If I had been willing to just throw
out all my software and start all over with a new OS, I would not have
bought a Mac. I would have bought a pc for much lower price.

cheshirekat