[HM] Saving as pdf

Tom Burton tomb at earthlink.net
Sun May 4 19:32:44 PDT 2003

Do you have the ***full*** version of Adobe Acrobat (i.e., the one
you pay for!)? If so, it includes the Acrobat Distiller.

 From ANY application (including AW6), select File > Print. In the
upper right hand of the dialog box is an item labeled Destination. It
will say Printer. Select File instead. In the middle menu, (where it
probably says "General") scroll down to Save As File.

Now you've got a couple of choices.

1. Tell it to "print" to a PostScript file. It will create a file
with a suffix .ps  Then drag that PostScript file onto the Acrobat
Distiller icon, and it will produce an Acrobat file, with the ".pdf"
suffix.

2. Tell it to "print" to an Adobe Acrobat file. (In the next dialog
box that comes up, I generally leave everything as-is except I
un-check the option to downsample graphics to 72dpi.) This will
create the ".pdf" file in one step.

Tom

>Hi all,
>
>How do I save an Apple Works 6 document as a pdf?  I have done it
>before, but I don't remember how I did it.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>--
>Thom Holland

>To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
><HomeMac-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>Need help from a real person? Try.
><HomeMac-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
>----------
>Now shipping! Farallon Wireless SkyLINE PCI Card for Mac Desktops!
>http://www.farallon.com/le/skyline/pci/index.html
>
>$14.99 Unlimited Nationwide Mac Dialup and Mac Web Hosting from your
>Mac ISP Serious Mac Internet Solutions From NineWire!
>http://macinternetaccess.com
>
>Monsoon  | Flat panel speakers that deliver crisp, accurate sound!
>Dr. Bott |   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/speakers.html>

For Technical Writing, Marketing Writing, and FileMaker Pro database
development, call Tom Burton at 818-785-3044   or visit
http://home.earthlink.net/~tomb