[HM] Re: Safari

Paul N. Reid pnreid at cox.net
Tue May 6 10:37:32 PDT 2003

On 05/05/2003 22:26, "Sue Rodriguez" <Sue.Rodriguez at usm.edu> wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who commented on Safari.  I am reading the various
> reviews that were recommended.
>
> Sue

Hey Sue,

To all of the other suggestions, references, and Advice you have already
received, I would like to point out that one of the better features of
Safari is it's built in pop-up window quasher.  During all of my previous
use with mozilla, I.E. And etc., I had not realized how bothersome pop-up
windows can be, even for the most benighn of websites (makes me happy that I
have no interest in "adult" sites, which one of my coworkers claims that he
actually has to quit his browser altogether because he gets caught in
"infinite loops" of pop-ups that he cannot get out of... Kinda 'splains why
he's always lagging behind the rest of us in staying on top of his workload!
8^)

Nonetheless, I often find that music sites, business sites and others leave
me mired in pop-up windows in I.E. (which I still reluctantly use, on
occasion).  My desktop remains remarkably free from such unwanted
advertisements...

Yay for that!  and good luck to you

Respectully,

ShrinkMan
Paul N. Reid, M.S.
AASP Certified Systems Technician
Point of No Return Productions
pnreid at cox.net

Farnsworth:  "Let me show you around. That's my lab table and this is my
work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship. And here's where I
keep assorted lengths of wire."
Fry:  "Woh, a real live spaceship."
Farnsworth:  "I designed it myself, let me show you some of the different
lengths of wire I used."

Futurama