[HM] Updating 9.0 on a CD

John McGibney ensignjd at optonline.net
Sat May 17 07:27:22 PDT 2003

on 5/17/03 8:13 AM, Home Macintosh Users List at
HomeMac at lists.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> Home Macintosh Users List Digest #629
>
> Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 00:17:33 -0700
> Subject: [HM] Updating 9.0 on a CD
> From: Jane Sprando <janesprando at msn.com>
>
> I have 9.0 on the original Apple CD. I also have the updates 9.1, 9.2 and
> 9.2.2.
>
> Is there a way that I can update 9.0 to 9.2.2 and make a CD of it?
>
> Jane

There are two ways to do it depending on what you want to do.

Run all the installers and create a new system folder. Start off the new
System and set your preferences etc. Next insert a blank CD and wait for
Disk Burner to pop up. Create a new CD and drag the System Folder to the CD.
Make sure the System folder is blessed ("Happy face icon").

You can also drag your utilities folder to the new CD. Make sure you run
them once off the new System Folder on you hard drive to set the preference
files first. Now you will have a bootable CD with the utilities to check out
your machine.

If you're trying to create an installer you will need InstallerMaker from
Aladdin <http://www.stuffit.com/installermaker/> . They used to release a
version for evaluation where you could practice making your own installer
program. In short you have the installer create folders and install the
system files into their proper folders. Follow their instructions for exact
details of how to set this up.

HTH
John