[HM] Can't read Mac CD On windoz computer

Duane Murphy duanemurphy at mac.com
Tue May 27 23:15:15 PDT 2003

--- At Tue, 27 May 2003 21:07:12 -0700, Jane Sprando wrote:

>I burned a CD with pictures taken from my digital camera and gave the CD to
>my kids. They could not view the photos ---- nothing showed up on their
>computers except empty folders.
>
>What I did:
>
>Uploaded the images to my Mac, then used PhotoShop to crop and size the
>pictures. I saved them as jpegs. Then I dragged them all to a zip disk, and
>dragged the pictures from the zip on to a blank CD. I burned the CD (my
>first one on the new iMac ---- heh, heh,  actually my second one,  after I
>discovered that you have to put the info on the CD BEFORE you burn it!)
>
>Did I miss something here, or will their Windoz machines not be able to read
>the CDs that I burn on my iMac?

This is using Disc Burner. I have never used Disc Burner, but it's not
really setup to do Window's compatible discs as far as I know.

If you want to do cross-platform discs, you should get a copy of Toast.
Its reasonably priced and very powerful.

The other thing that Disc Burner does is single session CD's. If you only
put 100M of the 600M available space on the CD, you're done. With Toast,
you can create a multi-session CD and add more pictures later.

 ...Duane