Dual PMac boot problem

Thom Holland tholland at san.rr.com
Sat Nov 8 06:17:02 PST 2003

Hi all,

I purchased a used Dual PMac G4 and a new 20" Cinema Display.  I booted
it last night and everything seemed fine.  I did a software update and
then opened Safari.  While surfing the web, the Mac froze.  I powered
off by holding the power button for 5 seconds.  Now it will not boot.  I
get 1 of three things.  Mostly i get a white screen with the Apple logo,
and a spinning wheel, or a blank screen and the fan kicks into high
gear, or worse, I get text saying something about processor 1 having an
error.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Help!!!

Thom Holland