[HM] Re: Dual PMac boot problem

Adam Bass abasscube at mac.com
Sun Nov 9 19:17:23 PST 2003

On Nov 9, 2003, at 10:09 PM, Jack Honeycutt wrote:

> I agree.
>
> But if you are running some 3rd party Firewire cards, Panther breaks
> them.  I don' know if a patch is available or not.  I don't think the
> firewire issue effects built in Apple firewire, but i am not sure
> about that.
>
> jack

Yeah I haven't had any problems with built-in FireWire on Panther. Also
there are the widely reported external FireWire drive firmware
problems. However, I have an external FireWire drive that has the
firmware that is supposedly affected and I don't have a problem, and I
can't even get the new firmware, which is supposed to fix the potential
problems, to work.

Thom, you may want to wait until 10.3.1 to upgrade, as there are a few
issues and that probably be available very soon. If you wait too long,
though, you won't be able to get the $20 upgrade (you only have until
Dec. 17th I believe).

Adam

>> Adam
>>

>> On Nov 8, 2003, at 7:08 PM, Thom Holland wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jack,

>>> That's right.  I should have stated this earlier.  Here is what I
>>> have:
>>>
>>> Mirrored door, dual 1.0Ghz Power Mac
>>> 512Mb
>>> Jaguar (10.2.8)