[HM] Beige G3 Tower and 10.xx

Adam Bass abasscube at mac.com
Sun Nov 9 19:44:21 PST 2003

Well, it depends. Your beige G3 tower should be able to run on Jaguar
(10.2), as long as you have enough RAM. You're pretty much required to
have at least 128 MB of RAM, and 256 MB of RAM is highly recommended
for decent performance.

Apple says that the latest version, OS X Panther (10.3) cannot run on a
computer without built-in USB, which excludes your beige G3. So Jaguar
will be the last version of Mac OS you will be able to run on your
beige G3 without upgrading, but if you have the RAM, I'd definitely
recommend getting Jaguar; it's much nicer than OS 9. :)

Adam