G5 in server

onder onder at medyak.com
Thu Oct 2 15:32:39 PDT 2003

hi everyone,

is there anyone here who try G5 in different networks with pc's  ?? ..

i have a question that we didnt try yet..

i hope you can give us any idea..

here is the questions

>in office there are 2 Pc's that P3 600 mhz and P4 2.6 mhz.. we want to change
them with G5 as a network server in our system departmant..i am using for
graphic and web desing: Photoshop, Freehand, Flash, Dw, Fw, Namo etc.. and
test for files in server with IIS.. Our server is a "w}n 2000" server and we
have no problem about that coz i use "w}n xp"

>now if we buy 2 G5 (that i never use mac before) do we have any problem.. By
the way this mac will be a network server for all office's computers full of
pc's..

There are known answers as:
1- Photoshop, Freehand, Flash, Dw, Fw etc performances are better then pc in
mac.. You have only language encoding problem in dreamweawer but it is
easily solve by installing a encoding from medyasoft..

2-with macosx you never have a problem with Win2000Server coz osx shown
yourself as a pc

But...we stop here coz this is about ISS and Win 2000.. with panther.. and
G5 with 64 bit.. Maybe this office needs 3 party software by using G5..

honestly we have no idea coz we didnt reach G5 on panther yet..

what do you think..?

best wishes

onder