LCD monitor question / adding second monitor

James Baumann james_a_baumann at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 3 09:56:38 PDT 2003

> >As to whether to get an LCD with digital vs analogue interface, it
>depends
> >on what you have and what you want to do. If your video card has digital
> >output and you plan to buy an LCD, then it's worth the extra bucks to get
> >an LCD with a digital or dual interface; with a digital interface, the
> >video signal does not go through a DAC prior to being fed to the monitor,
> >and you can expect a briskier response.

So, if I understand you correctly, you would recommend the Apple digital
display at almost $700 over a Sony flat screen around $500?

And going back to adding the second monitor, I think I've found an adaptor
so that I can use one of the G4 video card's outlets for the new (as yet
undetermined) monitor and use one of my old Multi-Scan monitors as a
just-dump-all-the-Photoshop-palates-over-there option.

Too many acronyms in the montior world.

james