New IMac Questions

stuart weisberg stuart1 at prontomail.com
Fri Oct 10 19:27:59 PDT 2003

Hi All,
I recently bought a 17" Imac 1 gig with super drive. A couple of quick questions if you would.
First how can you get the month day and year to appear in the upper right along with the day of the week and the time. I
have fiddled with the clock and International windows to no avail. Second, I found out that my machine doesn't come with a
9.2.2 installation disc. So after partitioning my drive I tried to install 8.1 on one of the partitions. No go I couldn't boot from the
8.1 Cd using the restart with C key. Also couldn't install 8.1 from the 10 partition. I got a message OS 9 was necessary to
start Classic. Any way to install 8.1?
TIA

Regards,
Stu