[HM] Re: iDisk

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Wed Oct 15 06:24:18 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, October 14, 2003, at 09:20  PM, Barry Lyden wrote:

> I have to agree. I used to use iDisk for backing up my documents
> folder and
> a few other things, and it's pretty slow. 10-30GB files would take all
> day.
> For saving video projects, I would recommend an external Firewire
> drive.

I have to agree also.

Just checked. For extra space its:
	$00 for 100MB (no upgrade)
	$60/yr for 200 MB
	$100/yr for 300 MB
	$180/yr for 500 MB
	$350/yr for 1 GB
	$???/yr for 10-30 GB

So given that for the price of 1 GB of space you could buy a really
nice, big, fast FireWire drive, I'd say its simply not a good deal. You
can find 120 GB drives for <$200 up to 320 GB drives for <$400. If you
want portability, there are portable FireWire drives as well.

-Mike