key combo for memory check??

Jack Honeycutt jhoneycutt at qwest.net
Sat Sep 27 17:32:08 PDT 2003

At 04:21 PM 9/27/2003 -0700, you wrote:

> >So, are you saying that if I am running X, I can not stop the computer from
> >doing a memory check on boot?
>
>Turning off the memory check is actually in the nvram of the computer.
>The problem is that there is no interface in OS X for changing it. Once
>you change it in OS 9, it is set and will remain set until you change it
>again, from OS 9.
>
>  ...Duane

Ah....

Well, as I was running 9.1, the memory trick did not work.  Guess it only
worked in 9.0. :-(

I can boot from 9.1 or 10.2.6.  But it appears that I am stuck with the
memory check.  Maybe I could load 9.0 on a spare partition, then do the
memory trick, then boot to 10.2.6?

Do you think this will work?

It takes my computer almost 70 seconds to do the memory check before it
even gets to the boot screen.  It is such a pain since I upgraded it to 1
GB of RAM.

jack