key combo for memory check??

Pyx Findlekind pyx_findlekind at telus.net
Sun Sep 28 08:05:15 PDT 2003

>What's a revamped 9? I don't understand what you're asking. Unless you have
>a standalone OS 9+ on your machine, you can't access the memory check
>option. If you do, then, while booted into OS 9+ (not Classic), hold down
>the CMD + OPT keys, open the memory control panel, and deselect the memory
>check button.

The revamping thing doesn't matter. I guess it wasn't clear to me
that one must "hold down
the CMD + OPT keys" BEFORE one selects the Apple Menu, and continue
to hold the keys down until the Memory Control Panel is selected. So,
having discovered that, it becomes clear to me that my previous posts
would make no sense at all to you.

In reviewing the thread I find the following from John Baltutis
<baltwo at san.rr.com>:
>IIRC, hold down option key and select Apple->Control Panels->Memory will
>open the memeory CP with the option to uncheck do memory check. Do that,
>restart, and the startup should bypass the memory check.
I somehow missed this subtle difference in process before.
Apologies for any confusion caused.

PYX