More pesky key combo; It worked!!!

Jack Honeycutt jhoneycutt at qwest.net
Mon Sep 29 06:29:51 PDT 2003

At 07:39 PM 9/28/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>Jack, I held down the key combo after the desktop was loaded.
>
>I read your email, then just moved the mouse over to  my desktop to make it
>active. I held down the 2 keys, then used Control Panels under the Apple
>menu to click on Memory. The option was there to turn off memory check.
>
>jane

It worked!!!  Finally, I got the "Mystery Missing Memory Button" to come up
on my Memory screen in 9.1.  I turned off memory check and now it cut about
45 seconds off my "boot to the boot screen" time. And now that I have done
it,  I can boot to 10.2.6 and it does the same thing.

What a great time saver!!!

Thanks to all for the help.

jack in Portland Oregon

7600 Power Mac
Sonnet G4 700 Mhz processor card.
160 GB EIDE 7200 RPM HD
Sonnet Tempo Trio PCI combo card (EIDE Support, USB and Firewire on same card)
Jaguar 10.2.6, & OS 9.1
Mac(Pioneer) Superdrive DVD Drive
ATI PCI Radeon 7000 video card
Floppy drive