[HM] email programs

TeeGate TeeGate at comcast.net
Sat Apr 17 13:28:51 PDT 2004

I always try to use Apple products if they are well made, but
unfortunately Apple's mail program has a flaw that is unacceptable to
me. When you send long links to Windows users it truncates them and the
links are flawed. If you want to feel really embarrassed, send a long
link to a Windows friend using Mail.app, and the next time you talk to
them watch them snicker. So I was forced to try a different program, and
I am now using Thunderbird. It has it flaws, but at least I am the only
one who sees them.

If you try Thunderbird, make sure you download the latest nightly build.
Since it is still being developed, each night they upload the final
product for the day with all it's fixes. Check back every month for a
revised program with some of the bugs fixed. If you download the one
they advertise as the newest one on Version Tracker, you will be getting
a few months old program.

Here is the nightly build page. Scroll to the bottom and the last one
with the April 17th date on it is the one.

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/

Guy