CD won't show on desktop / finder

Samantha Cornell samantha at netresults.biz
Fri Aug 13 09:23:04 PDT 2004

Hello all,

I recently received a CDR with photos from my wedding on it.
Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get the CD to show up on my desktop, or
in the finder.  It is a PC CD, but that shouldn't be a problem, I have
used those a number of times in the past.

I am able to see the CD in Disk Utility, so I know that the Mac (iMac
G4 1 GHz - OS X 10.3.4) know that it is there.

I have tried restarting, logging on as a different user, relaunching
the finder, and zapping the PRAM, all unsuccessfully.

Has anyone encountered this in the past? I get CDs of photos all the
time (I do graphic design for realtors), and have never encountered
this.

Thanks a bunch!

Samantha