[HM] can't print in Classic 9

Jane Sprando janesprando at comcast.net
Mon Dec 13 21:47:42 PST 2004

I bought an Epson Stylus photo RX600. I have an iMac G4 that boots up in 9
and 10. I am running 9.2.2 and 10.2.8.

The Epson will not print in Classic 9, but will print if I boot up in 9.
This is a royal pain! I emailed Epson's tech support and this is their
response:

Thank you for contacting the Epson Connection.

Epson America writes drivers for OS 9 and  OS X.  Products that have USB 1
ports normally work in Classic mode.  You would want to contact Apple and
make sure that Classic mode supports USB2 printing devices since Classic
mode has many other limitations.  It should be stressed that other printer
manufacturers  are having similar issues with USB 2 and Classic mode.