[HM] Re: dead iMac

E. Matro artemisrat at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 23:08:43 PST 2004

I got the screen up by pressing the cuda button. The
iMac ran for 18 hours, but it could not reboot it
after being turning off.

I'm going to press the cuda button again.

If I get it up and running, can I install the firmware
fix from a cd?

Can I make changes to a system that's currently in
use?

Do I have to upgrade to OS 10 after that? I don't have
the disks for it.

If all else fails, I am tempted to try the hardware
reset procedure. Except I know that my bravery is due
to complete ignorance of electricity, so I won't.

thanks, the files are very helpful.

-- Eileen