[HM] Re: help ---- lost my email!

Mary C. Youra mcyoura at ix.netcom.com
Tue Feb 17 07:40:13 PST 2004

http://www.macoptions.com/oe/maint.htm

> I see files that say Old Messages, Old Database and Old Database cache
> in
> the Identities Folder of Outlook Express. What do I do with them to
> get my
> email back????
>
> Jane

Jane--
It's been a long time since I used Outlook Express, but try this:

  From your Identities Folder, move the Messages, Database, and Database
cache to the desktop. Then, remove the "Old" in the Old Messages, Old
Database and Old Database cache filenames. If that restores your old
mail, you can trash the ones on your desktop -- although, if you have
new mail in them that you want to save, you'll want to drag the
individual messages back into the Messages folder in your Identities.
At least, I think that should work. There is some really detailed Mac
OE info and tutorials here:

http://www.macoptions.com/oe/index.htm

Poke around that site, especially for the Maintenance info and
extensive (and helpful) FAQs.

Mary