[HM] Re: Freezes & glitches

Bob K itheshopper at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 18 19:34:36 PST 2004

My problem seems to be fixed, with a run of my newly arrived
Disk Warrior v3.0.1.   But, I tried among the first things the
"test" user account, and also my problem started in Jaguar,
and the Archive & Install installation of Panther didn't help
either.  The freeze happened even with starting up from the
Panther Installation CD.

In my case, the problem grew from a 'once in two weeks intermittent
glitch' that was recoverable with multiple restarts, to a completely
paralyzed situation, all the while, all Apple tests (Disk Repair and
hdwr) giving clean OK results.

It appears that a corruption glitch slowly spread the corruption,
until cleaned up by Disk Warrior.

It was a VERY 'educational experience'.
Bob K.