[HM] Running Permissions?

Bob K itheshopper at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 20 08:32:26 PST 2004

Sorry for the abbreviation.

Permissions control who and/or what application(s) may change a file or
folder.

"Repair Disk Permissions" is run (Jaguar and Panther) from the "Disk
Utility"
which is a utility application, located normally in Applications >
Utilities.
It fixes corrupted permissions in System related folders.  There is
also a
copy of Disk Utility on every Apple System Installation CD.

It is recommended that the repair routine is best run from the Disk
Utility on
the Apple Installation CD BEFORE, and from the Disk Utility on your HD
AFTER, any
System related installation or update.

Not doing it before, could freeze the installation, not doing it after
could
cause corruption in your System files.

That's my understanding of expert recommendations.

Bob K.