LaserWriter Select 360 Print Area Problems

Randy Clark hawkgx at planetkc.com
Sat Jan 3 09:32:34 PST 2004

I have an Apple LaserWriter Select 360 currently connected to my Ethernet
network (via AsanteTalk bridge). Yes, an old laser printer, but I only paid
a buck for it 2 years ago so I've put up with it's limitations for awhile.

Now my wife is starting to print out budget reports from Quicken and is
frustrated that the printed pages keep getting cut off at the bottom. It
looks as if the entire page gets shoved down from the top of the paper (like
the minimum top margin is about 1.25 inches)  We've tried adjusting the page
setup to shrink down the page to 90% or so, but on a multi-page report, the
pages still get cut off at the bottom because of the issue with the top page
margin.

I get the same type of problem printing from Pagemaker and some other
applications as well.  Anyone know of a way to correct this?  I'm wondering
whether it's a print driver/printer description file issue. If so, do I have
any options for modifying my current printer description file to correct the
top page margin/page shifting problem?
--
Randy Clark
hawkgx at planetkc.com