Thanks for network support

Jack Honeycutt jhoneycutt at qwest.net
Sun Jan 4 16:07:41 PST 2004

Thanks to all on this list for helping me with my network problem between
my G4 and my Windows XP Pro box.

I only had one problem and it was a Windows problem.  I tried to make one
directory a "shared" network directory.  That worked.  It showed up on my
Panther box.  But anything I put in that directory would not appear on my
Panther box.  I had a fight with Windows for about 4 hours, and finally
made one HD a "shared" drive.  After doing that, all new files placed on
that drive show up in Panther.

I am sure this is just a learning process at this end (read: operator
error), but it works for me now and that is fine.  I am behind a hardware
firewall, so I am not so upset about have a "shared" drive.

Thanks again to all for the help.

jack