[HM] iPhoto/Portraits & Prints type apps for OS 9???

Duane Murphy duanemurphy at mac.com
Wed Jan 14 21:40:15 PST 2004

--- At Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:25:11 -0600, Randy Clark wrote:

>Anyone familiar with, or know of any freeware/shareware/dirt cheap apps for
>OS 9 that do similar things as iPhoto or Portraits & Prints?  I've got a
>G3-upgraded Performa 6400 to which just added a USB card. I'm running 9.1
>(no plans to attempt OS X on this machine), and just connected my Epson
>CX3200 All-in-One.  I'd like the kids to be able to print pix occasionally
>from this machine (sorry, the OS X iMac is all mine!), but am kind of
>underwhelmed by Epson's FilmFactory and ArcSoft's Photo Impression that came
>bundled with the printer.
>
>Can anyone recommend something good?

iViewMedia Pro still runs on 9. It is good for organizing photo (and
other digital media) but it doesn't allow you to edit photos. I use it
over iPhoto. It does printing fairly well as well as slide shows.

For photo editing, give Photoshop Elements a try. It's available for
under $100 if you look around. It is also 9 and X compatible.

 ...Duane