[HM] Re: running OS 9

Drew Johnson captain_drew at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 31 09:34:37 PST 2004

Barry Lyden wrote:

>> The point is that I needed a Mac that can boot in OS 9.2; the 700MHz
>> one is
>> fine with that, but even though I've able to install OS 9.2 onto the
>> 800MHz
>> hard drive, when I come to <Change Startup Disk>, it does not list it
>> (only
>> the 10.2.7 Folder), thus I cannot boot up in OS 9 (I have tried
>> shutdown and
>> restart etc).

Do you have an extra bay to install a second drive? Another option is to
buy an external drive (probably FireWire for your model) That second
drive could have OS 9.2 installed and you could use the Startup Drive
Control Panel to switch back and forth. I don't know if there are any
issues with the newer computer's hardware . .but I have been doing this
for years. . using multiple drives with different versions of the OS.

--
In God We Trust
& Very warm regards,