Socket not connected?

Debbi Young djy at citynet.net
Thu Jul 15 03:55:44 PDT 2004

I use eBay and PayPal somewhat regularly, and have recently had some
problems using PayPal through Internet Explorer.

I'm using a PowerPC G3, 400mHz, 320MB RAM, OS9.2.2, and IE 5.1.7. The pages
don't load completely, and I get a socket error message.

I've been able to successfully use PayPal with Netscape Communicator, but
not by using a direct link to pay, because I also get a "socket not
connected" error.

Any ideas on how I can correct this problem? (I can't even begin to figure
out why it may have started!) Thanks.

Debbi
WV